Thursday, March 1, 2012

Changes and Progress

I know I haven't updated this blog in a while and I've worked out a plan to get better at that! Just a quick update on the progress I have been making.

First I've made a few changes since I started. The first change I made is I've decreased the cardio from every day of the week to days I'm not weight training. I made this change because I feel I was burning a bit too many calories each week which was cutting into muscle stores. Also my main goal out of all of this is to stay strong and continuously go up in my lifts, I feel that this is only possible if I give my entire mental approach and energy to my workout on my workout days vs splitting it between cardio and my workout. My workout also burns about 150-250 calories in an hour as it's pretty intense so this will take the place of the calories I would have burned by doing cardio alone. In other words I try t burn between 200-400 calories in any given day whether that be cardio or strength training, I make sure to get some kind of physical activity in EVERY day of the week.

The second change I made is I've started working my abs and obliques. I've always told people that for me bodybuilding is pure for the aesthetic, the look, the beach body. Moving big weights has it's advantages with the ego, but when it comes down to it I want to look great in the mirror. Now that I've finally brought down my body fat to a level where I can see my abs a bit more so it's time to blast them! I've been doing p90x2 and p90x ab ripper 2-3 times a week. So far my stomach has tightened up a bit and doesn't sag quite as much, I'm also starting to see the "V" lines that all the women seem to enjoy so much ;-). I know my fiance appreciates them.

Progress: I've gone down 2 belt notches and I've seen a drastic improvement in muscular definition due to the decreased bodyfat. I'm down to 191 lbs as of this morning and I'm at a steady rate of losing 1 - 2 lbs per week, which is right where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment