Thursday, January 5, 2012

Before pics and plan of attack


The Pics: I'm definitely overweight! I hold my weight pretty evenly throughout my body. When I gain, I gain everywhere and when I lose, I lose everywhere. My fatter areas are my butt, thighs, love handles and upper back near my shoulders and triceps.






The Plan of Attack: I will be fast walking about 3-6 times a week for about 30-60 minutes, this will target the fat burning zone and keep muscle loss at a minimum (vs jogging or high intensity cardio which will burn calories from all areas of the body). I will be weight training 3 days a week on the DC Program (more to come on that). The diet will consist of a 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fat percentages of calories) split as best as I can stick to that. Dinners won't contain any carbohydrates outside of vegatables. I will dedicate a post to why I chose this diet later.

Progress: Yesterday I woke up at 5am and walked the dog for 40 minutes at a fast pace. In the afternoon I took a heaping scoop of Assault and weight trained DC Style (more on this in a future post). I ate 7 meals which are as follows;

Breakfast:      Kashi Golean Cereal and 1 cup cottage cheese
Pre-lunch:      1 slice Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter, 2 scoops of whey / casein protein.
Lunch:           Beef Stew made with lean sirloin
Afternoon:     1 slice Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter, 2 scoops of whey / casein protein.
Dinner:          Lean sirloin steak (10oz) and asparagus spears
After Dinner: 1 scoop casein protein

Today I woke up again at 5am and walked the dog at a fast pace for 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment